India may be well marching its way to become a political super power but do you know that India is dubbed as the Diabetes Capital of the World. That is indeed sad to hear. WHO, the World Health Organization, has stated that in the year 2020, 1 out of every 5 diabetic patient will be an Indian. Do you know that through Acupuncture therapy, a diabetic can be treated holistically and the patient can live a normal life without any need to follow a specific diet? Let us find out more.
Important Information on Diabetes
Diabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level shoots above a permissible level. This increase in blood sugar level is manifested due to two completely different reasons.
- We all know that the Islets of Langerhans are the cells inside the pancreas that are responsible to secret insulin. When these cells are impaired, there is no enough insulin secreted by the pancreas. When Insulin secretion is hampered, there is no enough insulin in the blood to control the blood glucose level.
- The muscle receptors play an important role in absorbing the glucose from the blood. When these muscle receptors do not do their job, this functionality is impaired which also causes an increased blood glucose level.
Treatment of Diabetes in Conventional Allopathy
The treatment methodology available today mainly revolves around the administration of insulin but not treating the pancreas which is the source of insulin. This process necessitates the patients to take medicines daily to keep the blood glucose under control. The flip side to this treatment methodology is the body develops immunity to these drugs over a period of time and in the long run these drugs might not work. So therefore the dosages of these drugs are increased over time. After few years, this only results in patients being shifted from NIDDM (Non-Insulin Dependant Diabetes Mellitus) stage to IDDM (Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus) stage. That is why in allopathy Diabetes is always a condition that can only be controlled but never treated.
Gloomy Data on Diabetes
- In India alone, 82 million people suffer from diabetes in 2017. This is set to increase to 98 million in 2030 and 151 million by 2040.
- The amount of Insulin required to treat Type-2 diabetes will see a rise by more than 20% worldwide by 2030. The scary part however is more than half the diabetic population by then will have no access to insulin due to its demand if the current production level continues.
Treatment of Diabetes in Acupuncture
Acupuncture adopts a methodology of treating the pancreas and stimulating it to produce insulin. Acupuncture details separate points for pancreas, for insulin secretion and for muscle receptors. By stimulating these points, the pancreatic cells are made to secret the required amount of insulin in a day.
Diabetes Treatment Procedure in Acupuncture at MIAH
- The first step in the treatment procedure for diabetes in acupuncture at MIAH is to check the patient’s postprandial glucose level. The medicines the patients are taking and the diet they are following are also studied and taken note of in the first sitting.
- If the patient has a blood glucose level of 170 mg or less, the acupuncture therapy is started almost immediately. Else, the patient’s blood glucose level is brought to 170 mg and only then the acupuncture therapy for diabetes is started. In either case, the patients are advised to continue with the medication and not stop them abruptly.
- Once the patient’s blood glucose level is maintained at 170 mg, the Needling Session for 30 minutes a day is started. The Needling session can be had at any time of the time.
- The Needling Session is continued for 6 sittings or 6 days a week. A total Needling Session of 21 sittings or 21 days is completed. The patient is also given the liberty of breaking the Needling Session for 3-5 days in between.
- After 21 sittings are completed, 3 fasting, 2 postprandial and 3 random BCG tests are taken on the 22nd sitting on the same day. A glucometer is employed to do all these testing.
- Within these 21 sittings, it is fairly possible that the impaired pancreas might have commenced its function of secreting insulin. In the event of this, the patient might experience low blood sugar level or might become hypoglycemic for 4-6 hours a day.
- After this, our specialist will recommend to taper 50% of the dosage of medicine the patient was taking. This is followed by daily Needling Session for 16 days or 16 sittings.
- Once again on the 17th day, 9 times readings are taken and analyzed, and a further 50% tapering of the dosage of medicine is recommended. This means the effective medicine quantity has now come down to 25% of the original.
- In this way, the Needling Sessions are continued till all the medicine is completely stopped.
- It needs to be noted that if the patient is on Insulin injections, the tapering is recommended as 3-5 units per session.
- Once the patient reaches this stage of complete removal of medicine or Insulin injection, they are advised to be on a strict diabetic diet for 90 days. During this 90 days period, they do not need any Acupuncture Needling sessions.
- After the 90 days diabetic diet period is over, they are checked for 9 times reading once again. If the reading shows that the blood glucose level is within normal limits, they are no more diabetic.
We have presented research papers in many International Conferences conducted in Hong Kong, Jerusalem and New Delhi about our treatment methodology. At MIAH, we have treated numerous diabetic patients and we have been instrumental in bringing a positive change. If you are diabetic and you wish to be free of the condition, you are welcome to call us. You can explore our methodology, get yourself treated for diabetes and thereafter lead a healthy life.